Pages

Monday 21 April 2014

Nutella Cupcakes

Possibly one of my favourite flavours of all time is Nutella. In my opinion Nutella can do no wrong - that and bacon.

I decided that my love of cake and Nutella should be combined so one day I decided to put together a Nutella cupcake and boy was I glad that I did.

They were sweet, they were moist, they were B-E-A-UTIFUL!

 
If you want to have a go at making them yourself, here is the recipe that I used.

Ingredients:

Cake -
100g self raising flour
20g cocoa powder
180g caster sugar
pinch of salt
40g butter
120ml milk
1 egg
100g nutella

Frosting-
250g icing sugar
80g butter
80g Nutella
25ml milk

Method:
1) Beat together sugar, butter and Nutella.
2) Once smooth, sift in all of the dry ingredients and beat until combined.
3) Gradually add in the egg and milk.
4) Once all of the ingredients are incorporated, spoon into 12 cupcake cases. I prefer to use my nanna's mash potato scoop so that every cake is equal in batter.
5) Bake the cakes on 180° for 15-20 minutes until spongy.
6) Whilst the cakes are cooling it is time to make the frosting. Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and whisk together with the butter and milk. Finally add the Nutella.
7) If you can resist easting the frosting for a while then grab your piping bag and pipe onto the cool cupcakes for a pretty finish.
8) For optional toppings I bashed up some hazelnuts and scattered them onto the cupcakes for an added crunch texture, you could also grate some white chocolate for a girly look.

Try out these little beauties and I guarantee you will love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment