Another crowd pleaser if you have some kids coming round, or even just family, whip up some of these Oreo cupcakes to keep everyone happy.
Everybody loves Oreos so with these cupcakes are fantastic if you need to make a cake that everybody will like.
200g self raising flour
40g cocoa powder
250g caster sugar
a pinch of salt
12 Oreos - halved
140g cream cheese
250g icing sugar
6 crushed Oreos
1) Split the 12 Oreos and place one half in each of the 12 cupcake cases. Be sure to place to cookie cream side up or you will find that the cake will stick to the wrapper.
2) Cream together sugar and butter, then add in milk and eggs along with the sifted powder ingredients. Mix well until combined.
3) Use a potato scoop and scoop the batter into the cupcake cases on top of the cookie.
4) Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes on 180° until cooked.
5)Make the frosting whilst the cakes are cooling. Beat together the butter and bream cheese until smooth. This will not take long but it is important that you do this of the frosting will be a bit lumpy where the fats have not fully mixed. Sift in the icing sugar and beat together until a thick but soft consistency is reached then fold in the crushed Oreos.
6) fit a piping bag with a plain round nozzle and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Alternatively, if you are short on time like me then spoon on the frosting and smooth with a pallet knife. Finally top your cupcake with the second half of the 12 cookies from before and you have completed your yummy cupcakes!